Close

Problem with power on from Remote with CIR IR receiver and Intel MB

1 2 Next
Posted: 6 years ago Quote #203
I have bought the CIR IR Receiver with the Backlit remote.

It is attached to a Intel DH67GD motherboard and navigating the Media CEnter software (OpenElec) works perfectly and I can power off the unit from the remote.
The problem is that I can not power on the unit from the remote.

Does anyone have this or a similar setup and have power on working ?
Posted: 6 years ago Quote #204
I have a similar issue.

Everything works apart from sleep/wake using the standby button. I'm using a Harmony remote.
Posted: 6 years ago Quote #205
Which Mainboard do you have?
I have seen post from people with older intel boards, where the power on feature works fine.
I just tried with wake from standby with the remote, that does not work!
Posted: 6 years ago Quote #206
I have the DZ68DB which is a recent Intel motherboard and wake / sleep does not work.

Intel's product guide says the CIR controller is Nuvoton W83677HG-I and says that "Consumer IR device activity wakes the computer from an ACPI S3 state".
Posted: 6 years ago Quote #207
I wonder if anyone has this working on one of the Intel 6-series MB ?
It should be working on the 4 and 5-series boards...

I tried to mail intel about this but their HomePage states that there are no mail support for the 6 series boards!
And I can not register on their support forum, do not get the confirmation mail...
What about the inteset guys. Do you know of anyone which have this working on the new Intel boards?
Posted: 6 years ago Quote #210
To the user with the same problem: which operating system do you use?
I got a login to the Intel support forum and a guy there thinks that the operating system should do something special when shutting down in order to get the power on from remote to work...
Inteset technicians: Is the receiver working by itself or does it require some special shutdown procedures to be able to power on the computer?
Posted: 6 years ago Quote #211
I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64
Posted: 6 years ago Quote #212
I am using an Intel DZ68DB motherboard with onboard CIR. I have enabled CIR in the BIOS and installed the Nuvoton CIR drivers.

I can use a Media Centre remote to control the computer and the remote's power button will switch the computer to sleep (S3) but will not wake the computer from sleep nor start the computer.

The Technical Product Description for the motherboard states that "CIR activity wakes the computer from an ACPI S3, S4, or S5 state."
Posted: 6 years ago Quote #213

I've got it working!

Uninstalled Nuvoton driver and reinstalled the latest driver (2.2.2011.128) from http://downloadcenter.intel.com/
Posted: 6 years ago Quote #214
Congratulations :-)

Did you also get it to power on from s5 state, which should also be possible with CIR?