Posted: one month ago Quote #6219
When creating a macro sometimes only the device you programmed last would work. Therefore, follow the instructions in the User Guide but,

1.  Always first push the device button where the macro was created when wanting to use the macro
or
2.  Add the device button of the macro location as the last step of the macro creation. (this may be the best alternative)

I found a reference to this trick in the Forum, but didn't fully understand the reason for it until I experienced it myself.  The problem was obviously how the last device button pushed in the macro routine set that device default every time the macro was USED.  Obvious when you realize what's happening.

Here was my problem:

I had just purchased this remote, and have had success programming devices with codes, with learning, and across device re-assignment.  What DOESN'T work for me is macro programming.  I wanted to add my Receiver Power button (device C) to my Satellite Power button (device A).  I've tried over 10 times with no success.  Here's what DOESN'T work:

1.  "A" device (1 flash)
2.  Hold SET (2 flashes)
3.  978 (2 flashes)
4.  "Power" (1 flash)
5.   "C" device (1 flash)
6.  "Power" (1 flash)
7.  Hold SET (2 flashes)

Also, THIS doesn't work:

1.  "A" device (1 flash)
2.  Hold SET (2 flashes)
3.  978 (2 flashes)
4.  "Power" (1 flash)
     "A" device (1 flash)
      "Power" (1 flash)
5.   "C" device (1 flash)
6.  "Power" (1 flash)
7.  Hold SET (2 flashes)

In either case, the Satellite Power button just keeps operating Satellite Power but not Receiver Power.  Yamaha receive power works fine by itself on the C device setting.

This information was provided by Paul W. to help anyone with macro programming issues. Thanks Paul. Parts of this were edited to add clarity.