Close

INT-422 Punch Through Key Programming

1 2 3 Next
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #2184
This feature allows the user to configure a "punch through" key on the INT-422 remote. This means that any programmable key can be set to send the same IR signal no matter what Device Mode is set. Below is the programming to allow this functionality:

1.  Press and hold the SET button until the red LED blinks twice.
2.  Enter 9 8 4, the LED will blink twice.
3.  Select the source Device Mode where the key (button) resides that has the desired IR signal to punch through.
4.  Press the desired source key. If more than one punch through key is desired, select those keys as well.
5.  Select the destination Device Mode button(s) of the Device Mode(s) to program the punch through key(s) to.
6.  Press and hold the SET button. The red LED will blink twice indicating the punch-through programming is complete.

NOTE: If new punch through programming is performed, it will override the initial punch through programming.

To clear the punch through programming, do the following:

3.  Press the SET button.

EDITED: 1/5/16
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #2444
Your remote is really easy to program, I'm impressed with how well you've thought this out. But the punch-through instructions are not complete, and when I did what I think you meant, punching through doesn't work.

There is a step missing in your instructions, the step where you tell the user to press the button that he wants "punched through".

This feature allows the user to configure a "punch through" key on the INT-422 remote. This means that any programmable key can be set to send the same IR signal no matter what Device Mode is set. Below is the programming to allow this functionality. I added, in all caps and bold, what I think you must have meant.

3.  Select the source Device Mode where the key (button) resides that has the desired IR signal to punch through.
THEN PRESS THE KEY YOU WANT PUNCHED-THROUGH.   If more than one punch through key is desired, select those keys as well.
4.  Select the destination Device Mode button(s) of the Device Mode(s) to program the punch through key(s) to.
5.  Press the SET button.
6.  The red LED should blink twice indicating the punch through keys are now set up.

Am I correct? If so, any clue of why it doesn't seem to work on my remote? Everything else works fine so far.
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #2446
I'm trying to program the punch through and I'm having the same problem.
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #2449
Here's how to do it
1) Hold set (remote will blink twice)
2) Enter 984 (remote will blink twice)
3) Push the source device mode button (ex: A)
4) Push the source button(s) you want to punch through (ex: INPUT)
5) Push the destination device mode button(s) you want to punch through to (ex: B C D)
6) HOLD set until get two LED blinks

In this example I'm taking A's "INPUT" button and punching it through to B, C, D.
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #2476
I agree with Max C. but you do not have to hold the Set key at the end and wait for 2 blinks. You just need to press the Set key. We have don tests using this method on numerous INT-422 remotes.
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #2558
The punch through is working great for me except the part mentioned here "If new punch through programming is performed, it will override the initial punch through programming".

So my issue is say I change my channel buttons 0-9 for my cable to punch through all sources, then I go to set my TV sleep timer and input to punch through all sources as well, the sleep timer and input overwrite the channels I set.

Is their any way I can set these both at the same time and not override each other? They are coming from two different sources TV and Cable.
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #2567
Max C. wrote:
Here's how to do it
1) Hold set (remote will blink twice)
2) Enter 984 (remote will blink twice)
3) Push the source device mode button (ex: A)
4) Push the source button(s) you want to punch through (ex: INPUT)
5) Push the destination device mode button(s) you want to punch through to (ex: B C D)
6) HOLD set until get two LED blinks

In this example I'm taking A's "INPUT" button and punching it through to B, C, D.

for the 422-1 max is right and the moderator is wrong. sorry dude, you gotta hold the set key.

/guy
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #2568
well, crap. if you do it max' way again for another key, it clears out the punch through. and if you do it the way you other guys and the instructions are saying and hit the set key once, it doesn't work at all.

the instructions imply you can hit multiple punch through keys in the same operation, but i can't get that to work either--just ignores any subsequent keys. and i can't add a second key because if you do the 'hold set' down a second time, it clears whatever you had in there before.

/guy
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #2569
You can program multiple punch through keys -- in step 4 above push each of the buttons you want punched through (ex: INPUT, POWER, VOL UP, VOL DOWN) before proceeding to step 5.

For me I wanted to punch through input & power from the TV and then Vol up/down from the receiver.  I think the way I did it was to copy Vol up / down from the receiver (D) to the TV set (A), and then punch through the TV's input, power, vol + , vol - from (A) to (B) (C) (D).

Posted: 2 years ago Quote #2570
ok, let's try this one more time. here's what i found on the 422-1 remote:

... so i just got it to work by using max's steps and hitting my source 'A', my punch-through keys: #1 + #2 + #3, then hitting my target sources: B + C + D, then holding down the /set/ key for two blinks.

g333333333sh!

/guy