Close

INT-422 Punch Through Key Programming

Posted: 2 years ago Quote #2571
Guy T. wrote:
ok, let's try this one more time. here's what i found on the 422-1 remote:

... so i just got it to work by using max's steps and hitting my source 'A', my punch-through keys: #1 + #2 + #3, then hitting my target sources: B + C + D, then holding down the /set/ key for two blinks.

g333333333sh!

/guy

sorry, i was typing in my last post when your post arrived. i have concluded the same thing. depending on how long it would let you take to hit all your keys, the timeout might get you before you finished if you have to look around for the keys. luckily, i don't think i have too many i need to punch-through this way.

can you do like 4 keys, hold the set key to finish it, then program 4 more the same way? it seems every time i use your procedure twice it clears out the keys and then next time you can add them back in. it's like a toggle.

btw, using this thing for dish which is my main remote was very disappointing, but dishes fault since their hopper remote (#40.0) doesn't do ir and you can't use it to teach the 422. i had to give up on that remote for now and i programmed my tv, apple tx, roku, and chrome stick for now.

/guy
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #2572
Guy, Glad you were able to get it to work.

Guy T. wrote:
can you do like 4 keys, hold the set key to finish it, then program 4 more the same way? it seems every time i use your procedure twice it clears out the keys and then next time you can add them back in. it's like a toggle.

I don't think so; the instructions say "NOTE: New punch-through programming will override the initial punch-through programming."  I seem to remember having this problem when I was programming the remote.
Posted: one year ago Quote #3360
i acknowledge this thread is a little stale, but i just got the 422-2.  i followed the instructions, and repeated it several times, not getting it to work.  a couple guys (or girls) say you need to hold the SET key and not just press it.  This Worked.  
Thanks guys :)
Posted: one year ago Quote #3361
a little stale? the last post i made was on a stone tablet!

/guy
Posted: one year ago Quote #3362
Guy T. wrote:
a little stale? the last post i made was on a stone tablet!

thanks for the input

/david
Posted: one year ago Quote #3373
I lose my punch-throughs after programming macros. Anyone else?

I accidentally asked this in the Roku forum.
Posted: one year ago Quote #3374
My message to their tech support email address got returned.

Here are more details.

I made some keys as punch-through. Then I programmed a macro. The keys for the macro (9,9,5) happen to all be punch -through keys. Then after I program the macro, they are no longer punch-through. Then I reprogram the punch-through and the macro doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.
Posted: 7 months ago Quote #4629
I am not sure I understand the "punch through"
Give me an example of how and why you program a "punch through"
I am not quite clear from the description in the manual.

I have a Pioneer VSX-1123 HDMI A/V switching receiver.
EVERYTHING runs through my receiver and audio and video is switched through it.

On my current Pioneer remote, to watch Netflix I would select TV and that would automatically switch the HDMI input on the receiver to TV

So the remote not only selects what to control but also switches input on the receiver to that particular device at the same time.

Is this where I would need to use punch through ?
I amjust not clear n this.
Posted: 7 months ago Quote #4630
Randy  B. wrote:
I am not sure I understand the "punch through"
Give me an example of how and why you program a "punch through"
I am not quite clear from the description in the manual.

I have a Pioneer VSX-1123 HDMI A/V switching receiver.
EVERYTHING runs through my receiver and audio and video is switched through it.

On my current Pioneer remote, to watch Netflix I would select TV and that would automatically switch the HDMI input on the receiver to TV

So the remote not only selects what to control but also switches input on the receiver to that particular device at the same time.

Is this where I would need to use punch through ?
I amjust not clear n this.

How can I make my A B C D Device buttons to behave like input select buttons on my receiver?
Posted: 7 months ago Quote #4631
Punch through allows a single button to do the same thing across multiple A/B/C/D settings.  For example, if you wanted to always use your receiver's volume/input controls, no matter which A/B/C/D mode (bluray, roku, TV, etc) is in use - that's what punch through would do for you.

To do what you're trying to do -- create a button which changes the input to "BluRay" and then change the control mode to blu ray ("A"), I don't know how to do that with this remote.  I believe it's possible to create macros that chain multiple commands, but I don't know if you can change the A/B/C/D mode as part of a macro - and I don't think you can assign a macro (or any other functionality) to the A/B/C/D buttons.  It has also been many years since I've programmed this remote.  

Good luck Randy!