Close

INT-422 Remote with AppleTV

1 2 Next
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #2261
If you find your INT-422 remote is not working with the AppleTV, the AppleTV box likely needs to be unpaired with the previous remote first. If so, please follow the instructions below that are found in the AppleTV instructions:

Unpairing Apple TV with a Remote

If you lose the Apple Remote that you paired with Apple TV, you can use any Apple Remote to unpair Apple TV from the lost remote by pressing and holding menu key for 6 seconds.

You can also follow these steps:

To unpair Apple TV from a previously paired remote:
1. Choose Settings from the Apple TV main menu.
2. Choose Unpair Remote.

When you’ve successfully unpaired the lost remote, Apple TV displays a broken chainlink symbol above an image of a remote. You can now pair Apple TV with a new Remote.
Posted: one year ago Quote #3119
How do you impair Apple TV if you lost remote?   My remote appears to work for every function except the enter or OK function.  The Apple TV light blinks when it is pressed.   It just does not work to select the option.  Is this a pairing problem?   How do you unpair without original remote?  
Posted: one year ago Quote #3128
Please request that information from AppleTV. All functions should work when the remote is operating properly.
Posted: one year ago Quote #3140
I think I'm having a similar issue.  I have a 3rd Generation Apple TV and some of the buttons work and some do not.  I can turn on the Apple TV, I can scroll up and down, left and right.  The "OK" button works, as well as the fast forward and rewind.  But, crucially, the Play/Pause button and the Power Off do not work.  Please help!
Posted: one year ago Quote #3141
Did you use the pre-programmed “A” device button for your AppleTV program? You may wish to program it again anyway with the code 02615 and see if that helps. Please advise as all functions should work.

Posted: one year ago Quote #3148
The OK button on the INT-422 Remote is the same as the Select button on the AppleTV 4th Generation. You could teach the INT-422 to use the Play/Pause button from the Apple remote.

If you still have questions you can go to the following link for the AppleTV programming.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201856
Posted: one year ago Quote #3179
The new AppleTV (4th Generation) does not have an off button on the box. You can go through the Apple menu and turn it off but that can be cumbersome. You may have noticed that the Apple Remote does not have a power button either. Apple did not provide a power button because it is meant to be left on.

We recommend that you do not power off the device because:
1.  It uses very low power
2.  When off, it takes a fairly long time to boot up
Posted: one year ago Quote #3282
Has anyone gotten the play/pause button to work. without this, the remote is useless!!!! looks like I might have to send it back
I have reprogrammed devise A. I have also tried to teach it the play pause button. neither worked
Posted: one year ago Quote #3283
Try programming the remote at the following link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201856
Posted: one year ago Quote #3284
I finally made it work. note to future users. apple tv 4 is a little different and the preprogrammed apple tv functions didn't work. what worked for me was setting devise "A" or which ever you want your apple tv to be. and then setting it as a bluray/dvd player of a different company then the rest of your products. I have a samsung tv and sony speakers. So i set "A" as an LG bluray player. then in apple settings I taught it all the buttons. It works perfectly now. hope this helps others!