Close

INT-422 Roku Troubleshooting

1 2 Next
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #2688
Some users have had a problem with using the INT-422 Remote to access and/or control Roku. The pre-programmed "D" device button as well as the device code "03061" have been tested on numerous different Roku models. All but the oldest Roku boxes and the Roku Stick work flawlessly in those tests. Here are some Troubleshooting Tips if you have a Roku issue.

1. Roku Stick (which is not IR) and older "Classic" versions (2009) do not work with the INT-422.

2. Be sure that the IR Receiver on the front panel of the Roku box is facing the remote. You must have a line-of-sight from the Roku receiver to the remote. On the Roku 3, the IR Receiver is on the side that has the "Roku 3" logo.

3. It appears that some Roku units have a weak Infrared (IR) Receiver. If your unit has a Roku IR remote and the reception is good then that is not your problem. Some Roku units come with Bluetooth (BT) and do not send an IR signal. All Roku boxes, except those in 1. above, have an IR receiver built in even if it comes with a BT remote. If you have a problem with signal distance and/or angle of reception, it may be a weak Roku IR Receiver in the Roku box.  If remotes other than the Inteset Remote and the Roku IR remote, which also uses BT,  have this problem then you know it is a weak IR receiver in the Roku unit. If your Roku is under warranty, you may want to get a replacement or just continue to use the Roku BT remote.

4. If our remote shows a problem with signal distance or angle of reception on more than one device then you should contact us for a replacement.

5. If you are attempting to program a Device Mode button, you must follow the included User Guide instructions precisely.

6. If you are attempting to program the device code and all you get is a long flash of the LED then you either have weak batteries or the programming memory is full. If the programming memory is full the only alternative is to reset the remote to Factory Default which clears all memory including the pre-programmed device buttons (A,B,C,D) (see User Guide to learn how to do a Factory Reset)

7. How to create “skip forward by 10 seconds” button (opposite of instant replay).  

1)    Press Roku device (D)
2)    Hold setup for a few seconds until it blinks
3)    Enter 995 (macros)
4)    Press “Skip forward” button (I used the small fast forward button).  This is the button you’re setting the macro to.  The next buttons are the series of commands assigned to your macro.
5)    Press the big “fast forward” button.
6)    Press “diamond” button once (assuming it’s assigned to nothing.  If you skip this step, it fast forwards only a few seconds.  Adding a “do nothing” button, is like creating a pause in the macro.  The more times you press the diamond button, the longer it will fast forward.  I found you only need to press it once to get roughly a 10 second skip forward).  
7)    Press “Play” button.
8)    Press and hold “setup” until it blinks to save your macro.

Now when you press the “Skip forward” button, your show should move ahead 10 seconds, which is a quick way to skip past commercials.  (Thanks to Matt G. for providing this great tip)

The Device codes to use on Roku TVs are at universal remotes.net.

Here is a good reference regarding Roku remotes (specifications and pairing instructions): Click Here

Please let us know if you have any other experiences with using the INT-422 with Roku.
Posted: one year ago Quote #3181
My Roku remote works great from all sorts on angles. My INT-422 only controls the Roku from very specific (direct) angles. Any tips for how to get your remote to be less picky when using a Roku?
Posted: one year ago Quote #3182
The Roku remote is Bluetooth or RF so it does not need line-of-sight. The INT-422 is IR so it must point at the Roku box. Some Roku boxes have weak IR receivers built in. This could be part of the issue.
Posted: one year ago Quote #3195
My INT-422-2 works well with my Roku 3, with one exception. The "Guide" button that should work as the "Options" (asterisk), takes my Roku to the M-Go Store in my Roku menu. Is there any way that this could be fixed? Or Am I missing on something here?

Also, one more note. The Rdio app is no longer in service with Roku. So, it would be pointless to be in the pre-programmed mapping for it.
Posted: one year ago Quote #3202
When Roku updated their Roku 3 they changed a feature to their remotes on the Star(*) button that did not take users to the Info/Options menu. We are unable to provide a fix for this issue on current remotes for controlling the 3rd gen Roku. The issue has been addressed on the next version of our remote. However, we are able to reprogram most Model INT-422-2 remotes to include this feature but that means returning the remote to us.

If you are interested in returning your remote to us to update the firmware for this Roku feature please contact us at our Contact Us page. We will pay USPS 1st CL shipping both ways. This only applies to Model INT-422-2 models. This offer is effective March 1, 2016
Posted: one year ago Quote #3227
I have a Roku 2 that has always had functionality for the star button, so your answer above is inaccurate. My original Roku remote completely stopped working so I decided to give your remote a shot and now you are telling me despite all your amazing advertising and the things you've claimed, that it can't do everything a Roku remote can? All I want to do is access the menu. It seems simple enough. I will gladly mail you my remote back if you'll pay for shipping.
Posted: one year ago Quote #3228
The Star(*) button on the Roku remote not mapping to the Menu button on our remote only applies to the latest version of Roku. It should work fine for older versions by pressing the Menu button on our remote which will take you to the Info/Options screen as it has in the past.
Posted: one year ago Quote #3229
I have the new Roku 3 and was irritated that the INT-422 doesn't have a pre-set button for the asterisk (or Hulu). I downloaded an IR Roku Remote app and was able to use it with the learning function. My INT-422 'star' button has now learned the Roku asterisk function.
Posted: one year ago Quote #3230
Great job. It would be very helpful if you would post the instructions to do this here for our other users.
Posted: one year ago Quote #3231
Alissa B, I'm also interested on how you were able to program the * button on the INT-422. Please, share how you were able to do this. Thank you.