Close

INT-422 General Troubleshooting Tips

1 2 Next
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #2714
1. The INT-422 remote is an Infrared Remote which means it must have a good line of sight to the IR receiver in each of your devices it controls. IR signals can not go through any solid walls or doors.  With a clear line of sight the signal should be strong up to 30 feet or more and at about 30-40 degrees from either side of a centerline to the receiver. If the INT-422 shows a problem with signal distance or angle of reception on more than one device then you should contact us for a replacement.

2. If you are attempting to re-program a Device Mode button or to learn any button, you must follow the included User Guide instructions precisely. Missing a step in this process will cause the programming to fail.

3. If you are attempting to program the device code and all you get is a long flash of the LED then you either have weak batteries or the programming memory is full. If the programming memory is full the only alternative is to reset the remote to the Factory Default which clears all memory including the pre-programmed device buttons (A,B,C,D) (see User Guide to learn how to do a Factory Reset)

4. When you want to program a macro, it is suggested that you write down the button presses in the order that you want them to occur. This gives you a reference point when you are programming as long macro strings can cause confusion. It also allows you to make sure that you enter all the keys and that the order makes sense. Keep in mind that the longer the macro is in terms of the number of button presses the longer it will take to execute. When executing the macro you must have a good line of site to the IR receiver for the whole time it is executing.

5. If you have done programming on the remote such as macros, key mover, volume lock etc. and find that you are moving to a different set up or just want to start over follow the factory reset instructions but use code 980 not code 977. Code 980 resets just the programming that you have done and does not effect any factory programming or any device code programming on the A, B, C or D device buttons.

Please provide us with any information you have from your experiences that may help others in the use of the INT-422 Remote. We will be sure that valid suggestions get into our tips.
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #2815
I am unable to program my INT 422-2 remote to Power On/Off my 3 devices using the Power switch. The Punch Through and Macro instructions I am following don't work for me.

Global Volume Lock and Global Channel Lock work correctly, and having set up many universal remotes, Global Power has usually been a very simple task.

Why doesn't this one have clear instructions for a "Global Power Lock".  I appreciate any suggestions to solving my problem.

John Rollison    
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #2897
This was recommended by our technical support team:

Press & Hold SET button until light blinks (twice)
Press 995 (LED blinks twice)
Press power button
Macro sequence - Press: A, Power, B, Power, C, Power
Now press the mode (A, B, C or D) in which you want the remote to be in after the macro playback. If this step is skipped, the remote will always end up in Mode C because it was the last mode key pressed during macro programming.
Press & Hold SET until light blinks (twice)

Please note that the macro will be sent regardless of the mode. If the user wants to send the macro on Power key only from a particular mode, then they need to use the 978 – Device Mode Dependent macro feature.
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #2898
James L. wrote:
This was recommended by our technical support team:

Press & Hold SET button until light blinks (twice)
Press 995 (LED blinks twice)
Press power button
Macro sequence - Press: A, Power, B, Power, C, Power
Now press the mode (A, B, C or D) in which you want the remote to be in after the macro playback. If this step is skipped, the remote will always end up in Mode C because it was the last mode key pressed during macro programming.
Press & Hold SET until light blinks (twice)

Please note that the macro will be sent regardless of the mode. If the user wants to send the macro on Power key only from a particular mode, then they need to use the 978 – Device Mode Dependent macro feature.

Awesome James! Could you please remove my older posts? Since this solution DOES work. [ I had initially posted that this solution did not work when binding to the power button, but I was completely wrong.  It works great - not sure how I was messing it up, since I swore I tried the solution above :) ]

NOTE: I suggest people take the time to bind device mode dependent macros for power (978) as James mentioned, since this makes it nice for making sure your controller is set to the last device being used when you powered off. For example, my watching is either in "cable mode" or "roku mode" so I simply bound the power on/off macro to each of those devices.
Posted: one year ago Quote #3191
We just got the universal remote, and already I can't figure out how to program what's now the "B" button for our Roku. Do I need to set the TV to "HDM2" (which is where the Roku is plugged in) first to program? Or not? I tried set the TV to Roku and then tried to find Roku codes but nothing happened after I entered "991", although the remote did blink twice.
Posted: one year ago Quote #3210
Programming the Roku has nothing to do with your TV. Roku is preprogrammed on button "D" of the remote. If you overwrite that you can set it up again on any device button (A,B,C,D) using device code 03061. Once programmed, you need to have the Roku on and accessible by your TV, press the device code button for Roku and then you will be able to navigate the streamer content.
Posted: one year ago Quote #3409
I have programmed my int-422-2 with two macros.   One turns on TV, Sound Bar, Dish Receiver, works fine as is on hdmi 1 .

The second macro turns on TV, Sound Bar and DVD player which also controls internet for netflix...  this also works fine on hdmi 2  .

The problem i have is trying to switch back to TV (on hdmi 1) after watching a dvd or netflix on hdmi 2?     TV, sound, dish all turn on but the display gives error message saying no signal on hdmi 2.    I can't seem to get the TV/dish macro to send the hdmi 1 signal, so i have to turn everything off/on with my old remote which does send the signal to switch the tv back to hdmi 1.

What am i doing wrong.....
thanks
Posted: one year ago Quote #3456
I got everything programmed (instructions are very clear!). But I can't get the Global Channel lock feature to program. When I get to step 4 (Press CH+ once) The LED is supposed to blink twice indicating that this feature has been turned on. However, the LED only blinks once. And, when testing the feature, the channel lock doesn't work.
Posted: one year ago Quote #4585
I have an LG TV, Channel Master DVR and a Roku 3. I have done the initial setup for all three and locked in the volume of the sound bar as the main source, but for some reason the "LAST" button does not work. I will mainly use it with the Channel Master, but it does not work at all.

I would also like to know if I can make the "INPUT" button global, where I do not have to press "TV" to use it, but rather press it and it would work regardless of what Device button is pressed. Thanks
Posted: 11 months ago Quote #4590
Hi, I have an Nvidia Shield tv and I have installed Kodi on it I have tried 01272 02049 21972 04000 22627 codes with the remote and it still does not work in kodi.  So I contacted support on the int website and he said to google ways to install ehome drivers for kodi, so I am looking all over the internet and I can not find it.  Can anyone help me install a code so MCE or Kodi could be set on the remote, or how to install drivers for Kodi or Nvidia Shield or a website anything to help. I have download kodi from Nvidia play store and it works fine with the game controller, but I cant find where to download drivers and or codes I have tried all codes and it does not move anywhere on Kodi.  Please help thank you.